Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act 2019
- Jammu and Kashmir reorganisation act 2019 was passed by both houses of parliament and received the assent of the president on 9th August 2019.
- The central government by gazette notification appointed 31st October 2019 as the date on which this act came into force.
- The act bifurcated the state of Jammu and Kashmir into union territory of Ladakh and union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Section 95(1) of the act provides that all Central laws in table 1 of the fifth schedule to the act on and from the appointed day, shall apply to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union territory of Ladakh.
- 5th schedule table-1 S.No. 09 pertain to CrPC. It provides that the words “except the state of Jammu and Kashmir” shall be omitted.